October 19, 2009

 

And ah five, six, seven, eight... yeh! Bmobile win!

Irrefutably!!!

Bmobile Dance Off! has to be the best thing to hit Trinidad & Tobago since we learned to screw in the light bulb and open the door at the same time. Words could not express my delight when I learned that we were to have a local dance show again (Party Time anybody?).

Now, I wouldn't exactly call myself a champion bubbler, but Iz a gyul could buss a lil two-step when it called for. De most important thing is that I have an appreciation for all kinds of dance; there is nothing better than being able to jerk and twist your body in a series of livley movements without somebody freaking out and calling St. Anns for yuh ass. More on that at a later date. Needless to say, I does live for this show.

For those of you who aren't hip to it, this isn't just your average talent show... oh no no, Trinidad gets to decide the winner, by texting in their votes. Now, while this is a lovely idea... people forget where we is. I know that if I went up on dat show, I coulda do a one-legged hop for the entire season and win... cuz my tantee an dem votin for me no matter what... multiple times. Plus I buyin phone cards for all my friends to vote for me too. Seeing that the judges know a bit more about dance, I think they should have a little more sway in the decision, they should have 50% of the vote. It prevents people who have humongous families from taking over de show with their mediocrity (yes I'm bitter). Even so, the show is quite rigorous, with contestants being challenged to perform various styles of dance running the gamut from Hip Hop to Classical Indian. They are also challenged to include different steps from various styles into their original pieces (a nice little twist).

Seriously, when Bmobile issued its call to the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, boy did we come out in droves. I feel it hadda do something with the $100 000 prize dey offerin, because while it had some undiscovered talent in dey... boy, it had some people who I know never perform, practice... much less dance infront dey own mirror before dey reach dat stage. But, study how is dem people I give real props to, because for you to perform your bedroom mirror dance for the whole nation to see, you hadda have de heart of a lion (not to be confused with the grace of a swan). Take for instance, mih gyul here:


Ah love it! Homie gets an A+ in my book for resolve and self assurance.



On a real, it have much love for de show. I know people who does have Dance Off! lime an ting, where brethren gather in front the telly with beers and snacks and does be arguin wit de screen for dey favorite contestants and all. Speaking of which:


All I wanna know is where homeboy holdin classes. The only belly dance I know of is de one where I run and it still jigglin long after I come to a complete stop.

At this time, I just wanna big up all the contestants and crews who still in the mix, on this, the best talent show we have seen since Mastana Bahar. I will be an avid viewer on Tuesday evening at nine-ish (Trinidad again). Check your local listings.

I leave you with the wicked stylings of one of the breakout stars of Bmobile Dance Off! Winner of the Most Persistent-est Contestant, take it away Sunil!!



Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
lol ........too funny
 
BWAH...HA...HAAAAAA...! Sunil may have had a hearing problem!
Now the belly-dancer is straight from the TT Fashion Week catwalk! Cool stuff!
...and home in the beginning...she was in her own world, in front of a parlour in South somewhere!
 

Post a Comment

Say it, don't spray it.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]